Saturday, October 22, 2011

A Photog Trip

So we're all settled in our gorgeous new place. Well, kind of. How many unpacked boxes can you have and still say you're "settled"?

Anyway, we had a great time hanging with my parents for a few weeks. It almost felt like they lived here (and with us), which was actually pretty great. When they evenutally trasition out here, it will be a relief to have some family close by. For now, an early Thanksgiving with the Hubbard fam is T-minus a month away. My baby nephew is not so baby anymore. I can't wait to teach him some more inappropriate words.

This weekend we went up to see friends who recently decided to live full-time on the campus of a youth camp in the mountains. I can't even begin to describe the reaches of my jealously. They have an adorable private cabin (it's home-sized with multiple bedrooms, kitchen, etc.) and get to hang in this gorgeous setting year round raising their baby.


We had a mix of bright yellow aspens and some early snowfall in the photos, and that mixed with baby Wyatt's totally natural ability to model= some stunning photos. Courtesy of husband AND myself (I'm learning).

He giggles on command. Easiest baby photos ever:



On the way home, we spent over an hour driving through the remnants of the Hayman Fire, the largest forest fire in Colorado (they even sent a woman to jail for starting it). It was our first time seeing the aftermath of one of the many fires we hear about constantly in the area, and it was such an eerie experience.

Being non-natives, we of course knew nothing about it, and anxiously googled it as soon as we could catch a 3G signal. I was shocked that the fire occured back in 2002, there is still so little growth. It felt like driving through a field of bone-trees. Definitely something out of Fern Gully, and something I'll take with me next time we're building a fire in the Mountains.

No comments:

Post a Comment