Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Switching Diggs & Sad Refrigerators

It's cold and rainy outside (which never happens here) and my office is freezing, so I'm wrapped up in a fleece at my desk drinking coffee and eating powered sugar donuts trying to get motivated to get a project done. Naturally, I am blogging instead.

We spent most of labor day weekend hanging out with friends eating weird vegetables at farmer's markets and packing boxes, as we're about to move out of our first place. Our little one bedroom in Superior has been especially significant to Ben and I because we didn't live together before we got married, so this place was the first thing we really shared together.

I don't think I'll ever forget how exciting it was to be in a new place just the two of us, completely removed from the influences of our friends and family, setting up our shiny new registry gifts in our first ever home together. And while I'm not nearly as nostalgic about leaving this place as I was my childhood home (we're moving to a bigger, cheaper, more spider-less place), it's still a little sad that we won't be back here again.

But in the words of Edward Sharpe, home is wherever my husband is (close enough, right?).


What will I miss the most? Honestly, being able to put magnets on my refrigerator. We're about to have one of those "snazzy" stainless steel ones. Which is awesome, don't get me wrong. But what am I going to do with all of these awesome tid bits and pictures of our super cute friends and family?



I guess since it has an ice maker and free-flowing water, we can deal. I'm real sick of filling up the Brita.






No comments:

Post a Comment