Thursday, September 1, 2011

If you have...

Poster Source

I came across this graphic on pinterest the other day, and with all the stress and craziness surrounding life and finances right now, I was happy to stumble on to something that put life into perspective for me. And not only that, but I welcome a reminder that living in denial of the other percentage of people not living like Americans is denying what Jesus commanded us to do.

It gives our lives purpose to maintain surrounded by reminders like this, not so we can breathe a sigh of relief at how lucky we are, but so we don't forget about God's people that truly need us. This poster doesn't inspire me because I'm grateful to be an American, but because it is the desire of my heart to see these percentages change for the better in my lifetime. 

I've been sharing with Ben lately how much of a struggle it is for me to work for a large corporation now, and to sell "stuff" instead of give away meals in God's name like I did at the last organization I worked for. But he reminded me that if I had stayed put, I would have missed out on a chance to provide for an entirely different group of people.

I'm anxious to see how God uses us in this new season to provide for others.

No comments:

Post a Comment